This programme is essential for all people who have to manage others – or those who have to work effectively in a team – whether in the office or at a work site. Good management involves effective conflict resolution.
Conflict and disagreements are inevitable in human relationships, but conflicts can be costly for employees and employers. A large percentage of work time is wasted defending, avoiding, and venting to others. Absenteeism (due to workplace conflict) can cost a company millions per year.
Employees who feel mistreated and disrespected often withhold ideas and refuse to share information, skills, and knowledge, which further damages organizations.
Workplace conflicts also result in increased client complaints, sabotage, increased injury and accidents, rising disability claims, grievances and litigation, employee turnover; and low morale. For individuals, the results are equally damaging. They include: stress, frustration and anxiety; depression; loss of sleep; strained relationships; and poor performance. This programme is therefore of vital importance to all pest controllers
A productive way to handle conflict is by calling on our emotional intelligence.Emotional intelligence affects how we manage behaviour, navigate social situations, and make decisions. The workplace is one of the environments in which people learn about behaviour and emotions which take on a greater significance in organizational life.
The Conflict Management with Emotional Intelligence course consists of three/3 sections.
Section 1: Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- What is Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Emotional Intelligence 4 Key Skill Domains and Competencies
- Dealing with Stress
- Relationships and Objectives
- Effective Communication
- Positions we Adopt (The “OK Diagram”)
Section 2: Understanding the Essence of Conflict
- How is Conflict Management a Competency of Emotional Intelligence?
- Courses/Sources and Symptoms of Conflict
- Characteristics of Conflict
- How do You Respond to Conflict?
- Factors that Build Capacity for Managing Conflict
Section 3: Conflict Management Process and Techniques
- Perceptions and Reality
- Choices and Consequences
- The 5 Conflict Styles (Strategies)
- The Principles of Conflict Resolution
- Use of Emotional Intelligence Skills in Conflict Management
- Steps in the Conflict Management Process
- Tips for Managing and Resolving Conflict