The functions of AgriSeta are inter alia to:
- develop a sector skills plan within the framework of the national skills development strategy.
- monitoring education training in the sector.
- promote learnership, supporting the development of learning materials, improving the facilitation of learning and assisting in the conclusion of learnership agreements.
- register learnership agreements.
- obtain accreditation from the South African Qualifications Authority;
- liaise with the National Skills Authority on the national skills development policy, the national skills development strategy as well as its sector skills plan.
- liaise with the employment services of the Department of Labour and any education body established under any law regulating education in the Republic of South Africa to improve information about employment opportunities and information between education training providers and the labour market.