Quality Council for Trades & Occupation
Its role is to oversee the design, implementation, assessment and certification of occupational qualifications, including trades, on the Occupational Qualifications Sub-Framework (OQSF).
The QCTO also offers guidance to skills development providers who must be accredited by QCTO to offer occupational qualifications.
In summary the QCTO is responsible for:
- Establishment and management of the Occupational Qualification Sub – Framework (OQSF)
- Occupational Qualifications development and maintenance
- Accreditation of Skills Development Providers
- Accreditation of Assessment centres
- Research and knowledge Development; and
- Stakeholders Management and Advocacy